Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Praise Him for Quietness

I've been thinking about the greatness of our Lord this morning. He is really truly awesome! For me it is easier to think & meditate on the Lord when things are quieter. I tend to be easily distracted unless hyper focused on something. However, this morning I was doing my absolute best to be quiet as my family was resting. The TV was off, there were no background noises or distractions, the dogs & cats were sleeping (instead of racing around), the temperature outside is a beautiful 71 degrees & I 'realized' how quiet it actually was. It was great!! I felt the presence of the Lord & was truly thankful that He speaks to us in a still & quiet voice. To be honest, I love to see Him manifested in powerful ways such as people being healed, or amazing miracles where He spares peoples lives in ways that point to Him in undeniable interaction. But He is so wonderful & able to communicate with us in a quiet & still way as well. There's a time to be loud & boisterous and there is a time to be quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment