Thursday, September 10, 2009

Delighted

I am so delighted in & with the Lord, especially this morning. 'Delight' is a word I don't think about or use a lot, but it came to mind this morning. According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, delight means "a high degree of satisfaction" or "extreme satisfaction." Here's the scene: I want to make my wife some coffee & something warm to eat this morning. Coffee is a 'no-brainer', but what about something warm. I made her melted cheese & Canadian bacon on a toasted piece of french bread. She thanked me & then added an delicious egg to it; only ate half of it & gave the rest back to me. This reminded me of a few of things. (#1) Momma is the best cook in the house & I cannot really be called any type of cook; and (2) He who finds a wife finds a good thing & obtains favor of the Lord! Of course, as I thought of the Lord's favor to me, I very quickly experienced a high degree of satisfaction in Him & His never ending care. It seems interesting to me that the things that cause me to delight in something or someone are many times the 'little things.' This morning I am delighted with my wife & with the all-knowing God who gave her to me. Blessed be the name of the Lord (& with Proverbs 31 in mind - I also bless Susan, my wife).

No comments:

Post a Comment