Sunday, September 20, 2009

Praise Him For a Father's Heart

I praise the Lord because He has a father's heart. Not only does He have a father's heart, but I am His child. I really had no idea what a father's heart was before I had children. I noticed the amazing change that came over me when I looked into the eyes of my son and realized I was responsible for bringing him into this world. My outlook on everything changed. I remember one time when I was working at a machine shop on the shift that ended at 11:30 pm. I was so tired and miserable. I was sick, but still working. My wife showed up during my break with some medicine and when I went out to see her and get my medicine, there was my son with her in the car in his own little car seat. He didn't care that my face was blackened with machine coolant oil and that I smelled like a grease-soaked rag, he just looked at me and laughed. I couldn't help but smile and feel better. I told my wife that she and Ben were my reason to be able to work even though I was tired and miserable. This feeling intensified as my second son, Josh was born. I would do anything for my children and a lot of the decisions I have made were shaped by my love for them. I thank the Lord that my Heavenly Father loves me as a father. It is not dependent on me or what I do, but just based upon His graciousness and because He has a father's heart. Blessed be the Lord God Almighty, my daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment