Saturday, September 26, 2009

What's In His Name?

For a long, long time now I have endured different acrostics based on my last name: FORD (i.e.: 'Fix Or Repair Daily', or 'Found On Road Dead', etc.). I thought about these ideas and they did not seem accurate or appropriate to me. After all, this is the name my father gave to me. He's responsible for me being alive. If it wasn't for him, I never would have been born (well, along with my Mom). I thought of acrostics like 'Fabulous On Review Day', 'Fastest On Race Day', "Flying On Resurrection Day", or "Fearlessly Overcoming Routed Devils" (etc., etc., I've got more acrostics). You see, I'm not some broken down or dead thing on the road. I'm alive, moving on & raring to go. Especially when I consider another Name that I have been given by My Heavenly Father. He has given all authority in heaven, earth, & under the earth to Jesus. Not only that, but Jesus has given His Own Name to use as I need to. I'm a new creation and I have full right to everything heaven & my Heavenly Father have to offer because of the wonderful Name of Jesus. Come to think of it, the Name of Jesus is the reason the acrostics of "Flying On Resurrection Day" and "Fearlessly Overcoming Routed Devils" are even possible. So what's in His Name? Absolutely everything. Blessed be the Name that is above every name - the Name of Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment