Sunday, September 13, 2009

Seems to Good to Be True

Some people think the Bible is a little confusing or hard to understand, but listen to what former US president, Mr. Richard M. Nixon once said. "I hope you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you've heard is not what I meant." Now I’m not really sure what this means. I'm so glad that God doesn't use 'political speak.' God has spoken clearly in His word to let us know that He loves us. Usually if we don’t understand something in the Bible, it is because it sounds too good to be true. However, we should be encouraged that everything in the Bible is true, especially if it sounds too good to be true. The LORD is an amazing merciful and good God that operates so far above and beyond our expectations that it is at times hard to understand - but you can be sure that His word means exactly what it says. Blessed be the Name of the LORD !!

No comments:

Post a Comment