Saturday, September 12, 2009

Praise Him No Matter How I Feel

I heard someone one time say, "I feel lower than a snake's belly in a wagon wheel rut." It sounded a little strange & funny when I first heard it, but I knew what he meant. I've felt that way before, you know feeling 'lower than low.' Anyway it's amazing how quickly our feelings can change & how often they can change. That's why it's really hard to trust our feelings alone. I appreciate the Lord so much because He is not ruled by His feelings, because if He was I be be in BIG trouble. I'm sure that His agape love and tender mercies are over all of His works. I am grateful that He is not moved by feelings or things that are changeable, but that He is moved by faith. He is so much better than I desire or could ever earn on my own. So when I feel 'lower than a snake's belly in a wagon wheel rut', I remember it doesn't matter how I 'feel', because He still loves me and cares for me. Blessed be the Name of the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment