Monday, September 7, 2009

Credit Where Credit Is Due

As we celebrate Labor Day today, I checked the US Dept of Labor website (www.dol.gov) that says Labor Day constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country. As I read this I could not help but think of the contributions the Lord has made to the strength, prosperity and well-being of my country. I am one of those who still believe that America is the best country that God has blessed this planet with. Even with all of it's problems, both percieved and real, there is no other place I'd rather live and call 'my country.' It is the Lord God Almighty that inspired the earliest people to come here. He is the One Who protected & strengthened our forefathers. He provided for them in every way. Though it's not so popular to say any more, this country is founded on a Judaeo-Christian foundation with the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob; the Lord God Almighty as our ultimate source. While I appreciate what all American workers have done for the well-being of my country, I would be remiss if I did not first of all also acknowledge the One who gives us all the strength, desire, & motivation to be able to work at all. Blessed be the Lord God Almighty! May God continue to bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment