Thursday, September 3, 2009

Don't Be Distracted, Praise Him

It's another great day to praise the Lord. I must admit that this morning after my breakfast and letting the dogs out and back in that I made the mistake of turning on the TV to try and catch up on the morning news. I had it on 'in the background' as I was doing some other things. I noticed that I was starting to develop a rather negative attitude. Sure I was still thankful for the Lord and all that He has done for me, but I was developing kind of a 'bluesy feeling'. So I turned off the TV to stop the negative input & remembered the scripture from Proverbs about guarding my heart above all things. What will I focus on today? The negative things that the enemy constantly bombards us with can seem to drown out the goodness of God at times if I let it or I can truly focus on the LORD and His unchanging love for me. Lets face it - God is still God. He is still the King of Kings & Lord of Lords. His mercy has not been withdrawn because of any 'news report'. Jesus is still offering Eternal Life to anyone who desires it. Jesus is still coming again. The Holy Spirit is still teaching us of the words, teachings, and love of Jesus and is still drawing people into God's kingdom. So it's another great day to Praise the Lord!! Have a great day!!

1 comment: