Monday, August 31, 2009

Praise Him For My Family

It's early in the morning and the sun should be coming up pretty soon. I was thinking about how good God is and I really appreciate the idea He came up with about "family." I love my wife and boys so much. Earlier this morning I fixed some coffee, eggs and toast for Susan as she had to be in early because it's 'truck day.' Last night Ben called me back from Chicago and talked a few minutes. Josh is still resting and he will be helping me out today with some things. I'm so glad he is home from college as he does so many things around here. The cats are settled down, the bird is quiet, and the dogs have had their breakfast and 'done their morning business' outside. I know all this may sound simple and maybe rather mundane, but as my older dog lays next to me on the floor as I type this note of praise to the Lord considering such a great family He has provided for me, I really, really, really bless His name He loves me so much as to come up with the idea of FAMILY. After all, I'm also part of His family because of what Jesus has done.

2 comments:

  1. You are a great husband and father John! I appreciate how you take care of your peeps (as we say around our house). Thanks for sharing your blog --- Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoever finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete