Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Angels

I remember driving home one winter with my wife on a snowy night when the weather took a turn for the worse. Right after we had passed a van on the side of the road, our car started to skid and we ended up off the right side of the road with the car's nose down in a ditch and the car's tail end facing in the direction we were going. A couple of minutes later the lights on the van came on and it came up to where we were. I walked over a talked to the driver who asked if I had a chain & I said I didn't. He produced a chain and asked me if I knew where to connect it to my car so he could pull me back on the road. Since I had no idea where to connect the chain, he did it for me. He proceeded to pull our car back up unto the road. I spoke with him a couple of minutes and asked him why he was sitting by the side of the road since he had already told me that he had no problems, and wasn't checking a map, etc. He unhooked the chain from my car and said he was just waiting. I tried to offer him some money to say thank you, but he refused. By the time we had turned our car around, he was gone. My wife and I took the next exit and stayed at a hotel and continued home the next day. To this day I thank the Lord and wonder if an angel was dispatched just for my wife and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment