Sunday, August 23, 2009

Praise Him for His Protection

I remember the only motorcycle accident I have been in very clearly. It was the late 70s when I was in the Army serving in Japan & I was a passenger without a helmet. A friend had picked me up between two military bases and on our way home we found ourselves coming head-on with a car on a one lane road. The driver of the bike hit his brakes and the bike went down. He flew over the handlebars & I ended up flying over his shoulders and rolling some distance ending up on my back under the front bumper of the oncoming car. We shook ourselves off and insured the driver of the car (as best we could) that all OK. That night I noted my right shoe was beat up pretty bad as my leg had temporarily been caught under the bike. The next morning's visit to the hospital revealed no problems as all X-rays were clear and I was uninjured. Praise the Lord for His protection!!

No comments:

Post a Comment