Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Praise Him for His Protection

I remember a time in Japan when I was taking a 2-mile-run during one of our PT times. I was running on base on a route that was laid out on the roads instead of in a gym. I was in the last quarter mile of my run and had just started to pick up my pace and lengthen my stride when all of a sudden I just started running in place. It was one of the most awkward things I have ever done in my life. It was as if I had run into some type of barrier & I could not go forward any more. A brief second later a car that I never saw raced in front of me near an intersection. A couple of seconds later I was able to go forward again & I realized that the Lord had once again spared me at least from serious injury or even possibly had saved my life. Needless to say, the last quarter mile of my run I was singing the praises of God. I still praise Him for His goodness and protection!!

No comments:

Post a Comment