Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Real Praise

Just because you cannot see something doesn't mean it's not real. And some things that are seen would actually be better for you if you couldn't see them. Take air for example. If you can actually see the air (because of smog or pollutants, etc.) it isn't nearly as healthy as if you were in the mountains or the country somewhere with the ability to look for miles not actually seeing anything. This was so clear to me when I was in Japan & had returned from a musical tour on the northern island. As our plane landed on the main island & we were deplaning, I could not only see the air, but I could actually taste the difference in the atmosphere. Believe me, it was no comfort that I could see & taste the air.
I just wanted to share this today because there have been times when I cannot feel or maybe even perceive the Lord, but He is there. And just because I can't see Him with my physical eyes doesn't mean He isn't real. So I choose to praise the Lord all of the time, even though I don't see Him with my eyes or when I don't always necessarily feel He is with me. You know, it's sort of a funny thing because when I take this attitude, I find it isn't too long before I start to sense His presence again. He was really there all of the time & it's great to praise Him when I feel like it & also when I don't feel like it. Have a great day & praise the Lord with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment