Thursday, October 8, 2009

Praising Him

Praise the Lord. His goodness never ends. It's so good to know that he is with me & watching over me right this minute. Sometimes I tend to really cry out to Him when I feel I'm in trouble or I've done something wrong. I tend to really want His attention when something unexpected comes up. But my situation at this moment doesn't fall into any of these categories. Yet I am still thinking of Him & praising Him right now. The particular need that I have for God is not just His deliverance when I'm in trouble or dealing with an unexpected situation, but it is His presence so I can fellowship with Him. I have a desire to know Him & interact with Him. This is something that never could have occurred if He did not take the initiative, so I praise His glorious Name, since He did everything that was needed so I could know Him. Now He continues to reach out to me & direct me by His Spirit. So it doesn't matter if I'm in trouble or not, I can still know of His love for me & praise Him. Blessed be His Name forever.

2 comments:

  1. John,
    This is so true. Our Salvation is a huge Miracle!
    The Word says that Satan has blinded the minds of the unbelieving ones, so that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ should not dawn on them. (2Cor 4:4) Therefore, God opened our minds so that we could know the Truth, and HE, Jesus, has set us free!!!! Our Freedom in Christ is enough to make me shout Hallelujah all day long!!! Mike P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! And remember that it's not God's will that anyone would perish, but that ALL would come to repentance! He is so good!!

    ReplyDelete