Monday, January 18, 2010

Psalm 91

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "[He is] my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler [And] from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth [shall be your] shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, [Nor] of the arrow [that] flies by day, [Nor] of the pestilence [that] walks in darkness, [Nor] of the destruction [that] lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, And ten thousand at your right hand; [But] it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look, And see the reward of the wicked.
Because you have made the LORD, [who is] my refuge, [Even] the Most High, your dwelling place, No evil shall befall you, Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways. In [their] hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone. You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
"Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I [will be] with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment